Author Topic: The elephant in the room  (Read 16483 times)

SnarkyArkie

• View Profile
Re: The elephant in the room
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2015, 06:20:41 pm »
hmph, didn't know that.
  • Darren Kendrick

Dale L

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2015, 04:55:17 am »
I would love to see drug testing standard at every level and the penalties should be stiff!  My daughters have been very successful at our county fair the past three years with 5 lambs.  They have had 2 grand overall, 2 reserve, and a 3rd overall.  We were accused of cheating last year when one of our lambs choked and died at the fair.  Come to find out it was due to the wood chips in the pen.  A ball of chips mixed with feed had blocked the rumen and when he took his first bite of feed that morning he got choked he died within 15 min.  I know people cheat but at the same time some will accuse you of cheating simpmy because you are succesful.  Standard testing would help to eliminate cheating and false accusations of cheating. 
  • Dale Luikart

lamluvr

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2015, 03:22:24 pm »
Problem is not only with things that test, but with unethical fitting and injections of "naturally ocurring" substances, as was the case a few years back at Denver.  While carcasses (I think 17 out of 35 sale qualifiers) were found with all kinds of injection sites all down their topline,  nothing tested.  Not to worry, everyone still signs the "ethical treatment of animals" paperwork anyway, still should be kicked out, no questions asked, jmo.
  • Teresa Abushaban

AF32197

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2015, 08:11:41 am »
Surely no one would be stupid enough to take a dirty lamb to any midwest fair this year. I guess only time will tell!
  • John Wibben