Author Topic: Sedalia online bidding  (Read 4312 times)

MizLiz

• View Profile
    • Bohan Montadales & Club Lambs
Sedalia online bidding
« on: June 18, 2015, 01:06:50 pm »
Anyone used an iPhone for online bidding before and if so, did it work ok? I have a laptop I can view it on but I worry my connection will get behind because my laptop is a little bit older.
  • Liz Bohan
Breeder of Montadales and Club Lambs

PeteM

• Pete Maples
    • View Profile
Re: Sedalia online bidding
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 02:31:46 pm »
I have purchased with Android before on both Wiloughby and Hunker. Usually the internet speed has more to do with keeping up on time with the sale than age of device.
  • Pete Maples
Raising quality Hampshire and Shropshire clublambs.

Don Drewry

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 05:56:25 am »
If it's a sale with a video feed it's harder on either the phone or computer as there is just a lot more bandwidth that needs to be handled.  If you have a good WiFi connection it will probably be more likely.  First sale we tried to bid on via our phone we ended up not getting a strong enough signal and our bids never went through.  When I've had a good signal it can work.

The online sales that don't have a real sale going on are not a problem but in the MWSRS case I presume the video will be connected.  You could always resort to a back up plan of having someone there bid for you while you talked to them on a phone.  Get your bidder number ahead of time and if you can't keep up watching an earlier sale have an person there bid for you.
  • Don Drewry
Raising Hampshire club lambs and terminal sire breeding stock with EBVs.

Chuckles450

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 07:43:14 am »
The site used for Reno had a really slick online bidding platform. You couldn't see the video but my limited 3G kept up great. I believe DVauction is doing Sedalia so go play with their website and see if it will work for ya.
  • Charley Austin

PeteM

• Pete Maples
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 02:00:51 pm »
I know the sale management is slightly different but they should help you with phone bids. Have bought one over the phone there before.
  • Pete Maples
Raising quality Hampshire and Shropshire clublambs.