Author Topic: NAILE market lamb schedule  (Read 2969 times)

ColdCreek

• View Profile
NAILE market lamb schedule
« on: September 28, 2015, 06:02:42 am »
I see that it is two days this year.  Anyone know which market lambs show which day? 
  • Ken Parrott

ColdCreek

• View Profile
Re: NAILE market lamb schedule
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 07:57:05 am »
Found it. Purebreds on Friday and Crosses on Saturday.
  • Ken Parrott

meyersshowlambs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 05:34:48 am »
It's kind of confusing the way it reads in this years book. It says classes for purebred breeds will be shown on Friday 13 and classes for crossbreds will be shown on Sat.14. At the top of the page it shows times as Friday 8:00 am and Sat. 8:00 am. It also says that wethers will be classified at check in and ear tagging on Friday 13 with cards being turned in by 2:00 (as usual). That being the case I don't see how Purebred classes could show before Friday evening. Then not sure what they're doing with showmanship since they have did away with the South ring. Maybe it will be back this year? Will be interesting to see what they're doing. I don't mind splitting up the show since Saturday is always such a long day but Friday will be too much now with check ins, showmanship, Purebred classes, Premier bred ewe sale and Market Momma sale all going on. We will see.
  • Lee Meyers

ColdCreek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 10:03:42 am »
Sounds like changes were made without thinking things through or maybe there were some miscommunications in not changing all the appropriate info in this year's book.
  • Ken Parrott

meyersshowlambs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 06:06:09 am »
They have corrected the premium book online to show the new schedule.
http://www.livestockexpo.org/docs/Premium%20Book/Sheep%20Show/Junior%20Market%20Lamb.pdf
  • Lee Meyers