Author Topic: OG's Egg Drench  (Read 47425 times)

Don Drewry

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: OG's Egg Drench
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 05:51:33 am »
If you don't put the ovaltine in the egg drench, I don't see any reason why it would test positive.  Eggs, honey, canned milk and corn oil don't have any drugs in them.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 10:35:25 pm by Don Drewry »
  • Don Drewry
Raising Hampshire club lambs and terminal sire breeding stock with EBVs.

gchristian_1@att.net

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2016, 08:52:23 pm »
Honey tree . Thank you for listing the info on the egg shake. Not that anyone would notice but I have not been an active participant on this forum. A friend and fellow sheep breeder text me last night and said he could not believe there was still negative discussion about the egg drench on the new lamb forum. My understanding the primary purpose of this forum is to provide help of a reliable nature to sheep enthusiast, especially the novice feeder. The sole purpose of the development of the egg drench was to provide a reliable source to help those in need to add freshness to their show project., usually market animals. Many things can cause staleness in show animals... Stress, illness, under feeding , over exercising etc. contrary to what some believe the egg shake is used on and girls all market species including swine, beef cattle, goats and lambs. It works equally well for all species. The primary purpose again was to provide a reliable home made product that was safe to use and economical in cost. Unlike All commercial products designed for the same reason no profit motive whatsoever was in mind. No charge for the formula. No charge to the customer . Just a simple list of ingredients that a person could buy at their corner grocery store. If a person will leave out the chocolate ovaltine there IS NOT a single ingredient that will get a person animal disqualified . To state otherwise is an absolute falsehood. Too state this drench is outdated and has not Vern used in years  is an absolute LIE. Why anyone would try to  discourage ANYONE from using this drench is beyond me. Especially something that works and is economical. To state that experienced feeders do not use this product is a falsehood. I receive testominals onl a daily basis from market livestock show exhibitors from all across the country telling how this product has been invaluable to them and their feeding program. I have spent my entire adult life trying to help those involved in an industry that I love. Do any of you that know or who have ever heard of me think that I would try to get someone to use a product a product that I receive ZERO money from that would harm your animal or get your animal DQ'd. From those negative posters I would say to you... Just consider the source. My name is Owen Gail Christian. My hone number is 817-988-3380 my email is gchristian_1@att.net
  • Gail Christian

Honey Tree

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2016, 06:49:46 pm »
Hi Gail,

Thank you for posting!  For those who are new to this forum, Gail, or OG, is an incredible resource.  I've emailed him with questions and photos and he's been so very helpful.

Those who have used the egg drench can attest to how well it works.  If you'd prefer a marketed product and it's easier for you, then you should do what is best for you.  The drench ingredients can be found locally just as Gail said.  If you have chickens and an abundance of eggs it makes the drench pretty inexpensive. 

We don't use a drench gun but rather top dress the feed and the lambs readily eat it.  We start them with a small amount on their feed and gradually increase the amount.
  • Laura Overton