Author Topic: Honor Heavy Weight vs. Show Rite Fat-n-Fluffy vs. Sunglo PowerUp vs. Frosting XL  (Read 4141 times)

jcroskey05

• View Profile
Hi All,
I have been using Honor Heavy Weight, but the lambs seems very finicky about too much even though I'm putting in less than 1 oz. per feeding.  What have you all had good luck with out of Honor Heavy Weight vs. Show Rite Fat-n-Fluffy vs. Sunglo Power Up vs. Frosting XL?  They seem like they are all for the same purpose.   I'm thinking a pellet might be easier to blend in with the total mixed ration rather than the white powder.

Thanks in advance.

• Jimmy Croskey

sheepherder007

• View Profile
Moormans Mor-Fat has been one we find sheep like best.  Had pretty good luck with First-n-Show by Advance too.  Heavy weight works good till you try to up the dose and they back off here too.
  • Rex Cole

GarrettandCole

• View Profile
We haven't used Heavy Weight but have used Power fuel with excellent results. It's a  small brown pellet and  you mix it with feed. Haven't had any problems with them cleaning it up....have given up to 8-10 o z of Power fuel and they do fine once they get used to it in their feed. We feed textured feed from Purina and they usually don't notice it's in there.  Power fuel is 33% fat I believe.
  • Daylene Knight

EmsoffLambs

• Emsoff Livestock Company
  • Administrator
  • Crystal Emsoff
    • View Profile
    • Emsoff Livestock Company
Haven't needed to use it yet myself, but a lot of people feed Fat 'N Fluffy here. It is also a white powder.
  • Crystal Emsoff
Breeder of quality club lambs in Northern California

meyersshowlambs

• View Profile
I tried the Fat n Fluffy last year. sure did smell, look and seem like I was using milk replacer. I personally have had just as good of results with using either cracked corn or steam rolled barley as I have with any of the manufacturers fat supplements.
  • Lee Meyers