Author Topic: show shake vs egg drench made easy  (Read 15379 times)

drew24

• View Profile
show shake vs egg drench made easy
« on: July 09, 2015, 05:58:28 am »
just wondering your thoughts on the 2 products. Pros and cons of each.
  • andy atkinson

emt47016

• View Profile
Re: show shake vs egg drench made easy
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 05:38:12 pm »
I have used Show shake not a real big fan of it we use OG's drench it's a mess to make but keeps the lambs fresh.... I also use another drench that will make them fat and keep them fresh I think Home made drenches are better than commercial ones just my opinion
  • Jimmy Blades

MizLiz

• View Profile
    • Bohan Montadales & Club Lambs
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 10:57:23 pm »
Can someone pin the egg drench recipe? Or is the recipe in resources? It's not... Just checked. Would be helpful. :-)
  • Liz Bohan
Breeder of Montadales and Club Lambs

EmsoffLambs

• Emsoff Livestock Company
  • Administrator
  • Crystal Emsoff
    • View Profile
    • Emsoff Livestock Company
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 11:02:52 am »
Per request, the drench can now be found on the Resources page: http://thelambpen.com/resources.html
  • Crystal Emsoff
Breeder of quality club lambs in Northern California

Wisconsinsheep

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 05:51:05 am »
Well, their is a reason everyone uses the OG drench. I've used show shake and wasnt really impressed with it.
  • Rick Klas

FittersOutpost

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 08:04:14 am »
Egg Drench Made Simple is not the same formula as Show Shake or Final Secret Lamb Show Shake.  Years ago we used the OG Shake and was happy with its performance.  The only drawback was it's inconvenience, haveing to acquire all the ingredients, mixing and storing in fridge and/or cooler.  I then set out to develope a product that produced the same results that was more convenient.  After two years formulating, lab testing, field testing , approval and licencing we began commercialy producing our product.  Our formula is a direct copy of the original OG recipe that included the ovaltine.  The only change was I had to reformulated the ovaltine to remove the 450ppm copper per dose.  When lab tested against the OG formula both were almost identical in guaranteed analysis.  EDMS comes in a powder form packaged in a resealabe bag for customer convenience.  Mix it up when you need it and drench or topdress on feed.  If you mix more than you need at one time it's does require refrigeration.  Log on to my Facebook page Anthony Corcoran to see pictures or our results.  Egg Drench Made Simple is avalible at our website fittersoutpost.com, Sullivan Show Supply, The Feed Wharehouse, Dusty Hart, Tammy Voss and other feed stores.  If you have question feel free to contact me.

Anthony Corcoran
anthonywcorcoran@Yahoo.com
(936)-293-0799
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 03:51:20 pm by FittersOutpost »
  • Anthony Corcoran

SnarkyArkie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 11:01:18 am »
We used the OG drench when we had lots of chickens supplying eggs. We have been using Sarah Bristers Lamb Drench powder with equal results only because the OG drench is messy and needs refrigerated and we have fewer chickens. We have run out of the powder and made a batch of OG drench several times while waiting for shipping of the powdered. It literally is no difference other than convenience. I "assume" Egg Drench made simple is comparable to the powder we use, we just started on one brand before the other was on the market and have been pleased with it. I doubt anyone in this industry could tell the difference in a lamb fed OG drench vs powdered, however, I bet many in this industry can tell the difference in one fed with a drench vs one that wasn't. Especially at a long show. I think use whatever you feel best works for you. If you use the powder and run out, you can always use the OG drench. The benefit of the powder is convenience, easy to store and pack for shows, the benefit of the OG drench is even my small town of 289 people, the general store has what I need to make it so I am not in a jam if I forgot to order powdered or it was backordered.
  • Darren Kendrick