Author Topic: A few questions for those who have shown at Cow Palace  (Read 2252 times)

EmsoffLambs

• Emsoff Livestock Company
  • Administrator
  • Crystal Emsoff
    • View Profile
A few questions for those who have shown at Cow Palace
« on: September 25, 2015, 12:01:47 pm »
We're going to show at Cow Palace for the first time this year and I had a few questions...

First, I we are leaning toward showing the lambs in the breeding rather than market show. Do they sort the classes by weight or age?

Second, does anyone know roughly how long the breeding show goes on Sunday? We are trying to decide if we need to stay that night or drive home after the show.

I'll probably have more questions, but we'll start with that. Thanks!
  • Crystal Emsoff
Breeder of quality club lambs in Northern California

HeartP

• View Profile
Re: A few questions for those who have shown at Cow Palace
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 09:45:42 am »
At Cow Palace, in the past, wetherdam/wethersires classes are sorted by lambs and yearlings and then by weight. I'm pretty sure that will be the same this year.

The schedule is constantly changing as to what is shown each day year by year. We have always been able to get out of there Sunday afternoon and have plenty of time to get home that day. You guys are a bit further than us but I don't think its worth a hotel room for another night.
  • Stacie MacKay

EmsoffLambs

• Administrator
  • Crystal Emsoff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 09:59:38 am »
Thanks. Someone was asking if they release the breeding sheep after the show or the next morning (Monday)... Sounds like they release them Sunday following the show?
  • Crystal Emsoff
Breeder of quality club lambs in Northern California

HeartP

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 01:31:59 pm »
Animals are coming and going the whole time which is nice and seems to work out well.
  • Stacie MacKay