Author Topic: Who has lambs and how are they looking?  (Read 3204 times)

EmsoffLambs

• Emsoff Livestock Company
  • Administrator
  • Crystal Emsoff
    • View Profile
    • Emsoff Livestock Company
Who has lambs and how are they looking?
« on: December 02, 2015, 08:23:38 am »
We got our first ever fall lambs this year and they are looking great. I especially like the October ExGames lambs so far. He just makes them so trendy: big boned, shaggy, shallow and round ribbed with a a big, wide hip. Even the little triplet runt bottle lamb is looking really good. The Maximuses have just started hitting the ground the last couple of days and they are looking as good as they did last year. So far I like the fall lambing. We only seemed to get about a 50% conception on them though, so CIDR a few more ewes next year.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 09:49:13 am by EmsoffLambs »
  • Crystal Emsoff
Breeder of quality club lambs in Northern California

FMC77

• View Profile
Re: Who has lambs and how are they looking?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 07:59:16 am »
We had 8 September born lambs and have 6 newborns right now, I'm very excited about these lambs sired by our new Allred/Elliott ram.
  • Mike Cummings

shadowran

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 10:25:36 am »
we have 10 last of rockstars lambs maybe keep a couple but they are shaping up pretty good
  • James Clayton
Proverbs 3:6
raising good lambs for great kids for grand projects

sheepdog76

• View Profile
    • Brasfield Club Lambs and Dorsets
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 06:11:42 pm »
We have 52 fall lambs off of our Droppert buck from Loaner. They are looking good.
  • John Brasfield

Heresheep

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 07:35:06 am »
We have 68 lambs, the most that we've ever had this early.  I think it's the best, most consistent set, wide tops, big butts, eye appeal, bone and shag.  I look forward to seeing how they turn out when shown. 
  • Cindy Freed

karinfish

• View Profile
    • Fish Club Lambs
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 09:29:25 am »
I have to say that I am truly delighted with this early group of lambs using Burn genetics. Way thick, square hips, round ribbed, clean front and plenty of bone vMy only disappointment is that I didn't breed more ewes to my own Burn son instead of LAI'ing so many to Angry Dragon. But that is not to say that the Angry's aren't awesome, I just think the Burn Notices are a bit thicker. But it's the end game and next year I will have plenty of Angry girls to cross back to the Burneys!!
  • Karin Fish
Fish Club Lambs