Author Topic: Treating fungus  (Read 2457 times)

EmsoffLambs

• Emsoff Livestock Company
  • Administrator
  • Crystal Emsoff
    • View Profile
Treating fungus
« on: March 18, 2016, 08:36:41 am »
Does Envirosep also treat, or just prevent fungus? It's actually on our cow, not a sheep, but figure the same treatment should work for both...
  • Crystal Emsoff
Breeder of quality club lambs in Northern California

Don Drewry

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Treating fungus
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 08:53:34 am »
I've seen both answers to your question.  For us it's the most reliable treatment but not a very good preventative.  Lyme Dip has been the most consistent preventative.  That's partly because it's easier to make sure you didn't miss any spots, but I've had lambs come back from shows that were "thoroughly" sprayed with Envirosep that got fungus very bad.
  • Don Drewry
Raising Hampshire club lambs and terminal sire breeding stock with EBVs.

Honey Tree

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 09:11:16 am »
Depending on the size of the animal we use about one full can.  As we spray them, we rub the disinfectant into the skin making sure we get sufficient product around the nose, eyelids, into the ears and even between the toes.  For around the eyes we spray it into our hands and rub it around the eyes.

So far we haven't had any fungus since doing this.  We also spray everything that went to the show, including our shoes.  I keep a can inside my truck and spray my shoes and hands anytime I've been somewhere that I think could possibly have fungus, bacteria or viruses that I wouldn't want to bring home.

It does treat fungus.  As a side note, it works for athletes foot fungus, too. (Thanks OG!)
  • Laura Overton

EmsoffLambs

• Administrator
  • Crystal Emsoff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 03:14:11 pm »
Thank you!
  • Crystal Emsoff
Breeder of quality club lambs in Northern California