Author Topic: I sold the lead sheep!  (Read 2348 times)

EmsoffLambs

• Emsoff Livestock Company
  • Administrator
  • Crystal Emsoff
    • View Profile
    • Emsoff Livestock Company
I sold the lead sheep!
« on: September 22, 2016, 09:54:57 am »
Just a funny observation... I sold a group of five ewes last week, including two of our oldest. Every morning I let the ewes out of their pen to graze. We have two 40 acre pastures. They have to cross the lower pasture to get to the upper where there is still feed left. They normally do this on their own and then come back down on their own in the evening for their grain. Well, apparently the lead sheep was in that group I sold. Ever since, instead of following their usual routine, they walk about 50 yards and then stand there looking lost, like they don't know what to do or where to go. Several times now, in the evening, I have had to go up and drive them them back down to their pen for their grain. I go up there and they are just standing a group looking lost. Our guardian dogs are standing around, like, "Come on, ladies! Let's go home. I want my dinner too!" I hope one of them assumes the leader role soon!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 09:11:49 pm by EmsoffLambs »
  • Crystal Emsoff
Breeder of quality club lambs in Northern California

tsylvester

• View Profile
    • Sylvester Livestock
Re: I sold the lead sheep!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 01:01:33 pm »
Funny, we have learned so much about people because of our sheep.  I never would have thought so and its difficult to explain to someone who doesn't raise sheep but it is so true.
  • TJ Sylvester
Breeder of Southdowns & Hampshires