Author Topic: Mixing Corid  (Read 3693 times)

Honey Tree

• View Profile
Mixing Corid
« on: April 12, 2017, 02:21:41 pm »
I need to treat for coccidiosis.  The instructions for drench is 3 oz Corid to 1 pint of water delivered at 1 oz per 100 lbs.  I called a vet and was told that it would probably be best to follow the label.  That being said, does anyone know if it would be a problem to mix at 3 oz per 1/2 pint and deliver 1/2 oz per 100 lbs?

I have a lot of sheep to treat and it would be nice if I have less to draw up, less to dispense and less for them to spit out.
  • Laura Overton

Bigiron59

• View Profile
Re: Mixing Corid
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 05:24:03 pm »
It should work. I would be feeding feed with decoxx in it . To both my ewes and lambs. Ewes fed this for at least a month before lambing, will be cleaned up and not shedding coccida . Which infects the lamb. If I am feeding grain,their is decoxx in it
  • Shane Kirschten

Honey Tree

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 08:57:26 pm »
We've had sheep here for 23 years but this is the first time we've had coccidiosis. 

Do the ewe mixes usually have decoxx in it?  Also, will feeding decoxx now that we've had coccidiosis make a difference since we are treating with Corid?  I'll increase the concentration for tomorrows treatment.  Will definitely make it easier, but not better tasting :P.
  • Laura Overton

Bigiron59

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 08:50:14 am »
Coccida are naturally occurring in all sheep. You have had it for 23 years. You may not have had an outbreak
Most sheep supplements have lactasois(bovatech) in them.  Works in different mode . And largely worthless at prevention in lambs. Labeled rates are inneffective.
I don't think many sheep supplements use deccox. Mine does.. Some use nothing and if you use soymeal or no supplement ,you have no protection . I would be having a conversation with your vet and your feed supplier . Together at the same time.
  • Shane Kirschten

Honey Tree

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 02:48:24 pm »
We just finished the 5 days of drenching with Corid.  I would prefer not to have to repeat the course and I'm sure the sheep would agree.  If the feed already contains Bovatech, would it cause harm to add Deccox?
  • Laura Overton

Bigiron59

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 07:04:47 pm »
Should feed one or the other. Deccox is much more effective
  • Shane Kirschten