Author Topic: Manure Disposal  (Read 4039 times)

Honey Tree

• View Profile
Manure Disposal
« on: October 09, 2017, 10:38:00 pm »
Manure.  I've spread it with a shovel for years (no manure spreader, no tractor).  I really need to do deep cleaning and get down to real dirt.  There is no way my pasture can handle the quantity that I want to move.  Any thoughts about what to do with all of it?
  • Laura Overton

trademark

• View Profile
Re: Manure Disposal
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 04:56:13 pm »
Try selling it for garden fertilizer.
  • Craig Schray

EmsoffLambs

• Emsoff Livestock Company
  • Administrator
  • Crystal Emsoff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 04:02:47 pm »
Local gardeners are always begging for my manure. But I am a hog. I use it all on my pastures. List on your local FB page or Craigslist. Except then you have to be prepared to for potential weirdos coming onto your property.
  • Crystal Emsoff
Breeder of quality club lambs in Northern California

Honey Tree

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 09:50:51 pm »
I have a lot of things that I really need to sell but I do worry about the weirdos.  Small items I can sell on ebay but the big things like the horse hot walker just won't fit into a box.

I was told that there is a local business that will pick up manure to compost.  No compensation.  The biggest problem is that it has to be piled.  Again, a lack of a tractor makes this difficult.  I figured it wasn't getting any better in my sheep pens so I started shoveling yesterday.  My pile won't be very high but it will be very wide.
  • Laura Overton

EmsoffLambs

• Administrator
  • Crystal Emsoff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 03:30:36 pm »
Best thing we ever did was buy a tractor yesterday. Made it SOOOO much easier to stay on top of keeping the pens cleaner. Now we pile it up, compost it, and then spread on pasture.
  • Crystal Emsoff
Breeder of quality club lambs in Northern California