Author Topic: Best Rams for Lai that dominantly throw balance and correctness  (Read 5055 times)

Bosephus

• View Profile
Best Rams for Lai that dominantly throw balance and correctness
« on: December 16, 2018, 12:34:05 pm »
Getting muscles appears to be the easiest trace to get when breeding to different Rams my curiosity is which Rams people are using the pass these traits it is mutch harder to achieve
  • Peter Tibbits

Honey Tree

• View Profile
Re: Best Rams for Lai that dominantly throw balance and correctness
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 03:47:17 am »
My lambs by Fuzzball are the best LAI babies that I've had.  Balanced, correct and extremely muscular.  He put bone on every lamb.  I'll definitely breed to him again this spring.   
  • Laura Overton

EmsoffLambs

• Emsoff Livestock Company
  • Administrator
  • Crystal Emsoff
    • View Profile
    • Emsoff Livestock Company
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 02:53:20 pm »
Honestly, all the rams I have seen advertised for LAI are pretty dang good structurally and should improve most flocks overall. I would be looking for the ram that works the best genetically with what you've got while fixing the specific areas you need to improve. Extension and neck set? Rib and pin width? Find the buck that is the most lined up with your ewes that will fix those specific areas.
  • Crystal Emsoff
Breeder of quality club lambs in Northern California

Bosephus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 07:51:33 pm »
I have used Trailblazer, saved some keeper ewes from him then bred to king tut kept 2 out of him then koolaid ended up with a super nice ram lamb out of him and a good replacement ewe bred some ewes to ripper and Fireball wasn’t real lean on ripper lambs out of my ewes cross didn’t work but Fireball produced champion market lambs but I never get any ewe lambs out of him last year I bred to Fuzzball and St Elmo I kept a couple Fuzzball ewes and a St Elmo ewe  most of our ewe base is out of these Bucks now trying to clean up the front ends of them now
  • Peter Tibbits