Author Topic: Probios  (Read 6147 times)

DallyCash

• View Profile
Probios
« on: June 23, 2016, 12:45:24 am »
some questions about Probios.

1.) Any pros or cons to using probios on a regular bases with show lambs on full grain?
2.) How often would you give it? Daily, weekly, monthly?
3.) What dosage?
4.) Paste, powder, feed granules?

I used it weekly for 3 weeks. Just didn't know if I should continue with it.
  • Jo

GarrettandCole

• View Profile
Re: Probios
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 06:13:19 am »
We have used it daily, powder in their feed, and some just get the paste.  The powder seems to go further than the paste, and we haven't had any troubles using it.
  • Daylene Knight

GarrettandCole

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 06:17:58 am »
The powder has a measuring spoon, follow recommended directions and the paste has a "click" on the plunger...make sure you get the one for cattle, goats, lambs...some are for cattle or horses only and don't have a lamb weight. I think it's 5-10 cc for lambs. The really big tubes are cattle or horse only that you buy at Tractor Supply, so just check so you have dosage correct.
  • Daylene Knight

Honey Tree

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 09:07:28 pm »
If I understand correctly, you used it once per week for a total of three times in three weeks.  I don't believe you would gain much benefit from it with that gap between doses.  I think the most benefit is gained when you give it for multiple consecutive days.  The label should give you sound advice. 

I've used it when treating with Corid.  Corid is given in the morning and Probios in the evening.  Probios is continued for two to three days after the course of treatment with Corid is complete. 
  • Laura Overton

karinfish

• View Profile
    • Fish Club Lambs
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 01:35:42 pm »
Recently had to opportunity to start using Gut Candy by Precision Feed Technologies and was so impressed by the difference it made I decided to become a dealer here in California.  It is a top dress that only focuses on the overall health of their digestive tract.  I must say that I ran out for two weeks and instantly noticed an impact in the appetites as well as the fact the temps soared to above 100! If you are concerned about you lambs appetite through the summer or during the show season and keeping them on feed, you need to try it.  www.gutcandy.com  If you are in California I have some in stock and the shipping is a lot less than ordering off the website. email or text me if you are interested or have questions.     
  • Karin Fish
Fish Club Lambs

ARLambs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 12:11:38 pm »
A daily appetite supplement is a must.  With that said Probios would be my least favorite, Amaferm products seem to be most effective, readily available and still affordable.  Fast track would be a close second
  • Cindy Kendrick

DallyCash

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 07:38:58 pm »
If I understand correctly, you used it once per week for a total of three times in three weeks.  I don't believe you would gain much benefit from it with that gap between doses.  I think the most benefit is gained when you give it for multiple consecutive days.  The label should give you sound advice. 

Yes you are correct. I gave each lamb 10 grams (I think?) Once a day per week, for 3 weeks. That was one tube, just wasn't sure if I should continue to buy it. The tube only has an amount for newborn lambs, then says repeat as necessary. So no help there, dang it.

Karinfish, I will look into it.
ARLambs, I believe I tried looking into amaferm products for our cattle, and had a hard time contacting dealers. I can try again though for this.
Thank you all!!
  • Jo

ARLambs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 10:06:16 am »
Looks like you are from Kansas, on the dealer locator the whole state is almost completely covered.  You shouldn't have any trouble finding a dealer near you.  We feed the Sure Champ mostly, but also like the vita charge products, Amaferm is the main active ingredient in both. 
  • Cindy Kendrick